BVI Sailing Regatta - April 21 - 28, 2022
TRIP LEADER - "CAPTAIN" DAVID TOMS
THE TRIP HAS BEEN RE-SCHEDULED TO 2022, AND IS NOW FILLED. PREVIOUS 2020 REGISTRANTS ARE ALREADY REGISTERED FOR THIS TRIP
SCWDC's next dream vacation is a sailing adventure in the beautiful British Virgin Islands (BVI). We will charter at least four yachts, including two 46' mono hull yachts (6 crew members) and two 48' catamarans (8 crew members). Each yacht will be skippered by a qualified SCWDC captain.
All sleeping berths are for two people. Thus, singles desiring to go on this trip should ideally register with a cabin mate. Otherwise, please contact the trip leader to see what arrangements can be made. Options are to share the berth with someone, pay a single supplement, or sleep in the saloon area, where a comfortable sleeping berth can be made. All yachts have ensuite heads, meaning each cabin has its own head (bathroom)
The mono hull yachts feature 3 separate cabins (each with a marine queen bed) plus a berth in the convertible saloon, and shore-powered air conditioning. See mono hull yacht specifications and details here.
The catamarans feature 4 roomier cabins (each with a marine queen bed), plus a berth in the convertible saloon, and shore-powered air conditioning. See catamaran yacht specifications and details here.
The low member trip price of only $920/pp (mono hull) or $1,470/pp (catamaran) includes the following:
- First night sleepover on our chartered yachts
- One week of sailing around the British Virgin Islands (BVI). The typical day will include a few hours of sailing early in the day, followed by snorkeling and swimming, or land time to visit local sights, beaches, and Happy Hours or restaurants later in the day.
- Typical itineraries will vary depending on wind and weather conditions. A different port every day, including:
- Visit the Bight at Norman’s Island, one of Blackbeard’s hangouts, dining aboard the "Willy T" floating restaurant, where you can dine on board, or jump off (a BVI tradition).
- Enjoy stunningly beautiful beaches at Great Harbor, Peter Island, and the Willy T floating restaurant (where you can dine on board or jump off), a BVI tradition
- Walk among gigantic rock formations at The Baths National Park
- Enjoy a lobster dinner on Anegada Island (weather permitting the passage from Virgin Gorda)
- Visit Cow Wreck Beach on Anegada and play “Ring on a String” at the Honor Bar
- Stop for lunch at Sandy Cay, a small but lush island paradise
- Enjoy a “Painkiller” at the Soggy Dollar Bar on Jost Van Dyke.
- Snorkel at the Indians, Monkey Bay, or over the wreck of the RMS Rhone
- Shop for souvenirs at Sydney’s Peace and Love or hike to Foxy’s Taboo
- Scuba diving tours are available (reserved and paid for separately for qualified divers)
NOTE: We are offering this trip without airfare. This allows attendees to fly down to Tortola (EIS) before the sailing charter, or to stay on afterwards. It also allows attendees to use frequent flyer miles if available. It is also possible to fly into St. Thomas, and then take a high-speed ferry over to Tortola.
PASSPORTS are required, with an expiration date at least 6 months after the trip return date. Current TSA rules for international travel require proof of a Covid-19 vaccination, and entry into the BVI may also require a negative Covid 19 test 72 hours before entry.
Attendees are requested to arrive at Sunsail headquarters no later than 4 PM on April 21, 2020, for briefings, provisioning review and check outs. At 6 PM, we will board our respective yachts, conduct yacht inspections and settle in for our first night aboard.
Additional notes: Food and beverage expenses are not included as each yacht and crew will have to decide their own food/restaurant plan. Figure on approximately $200/ pp for the week, but actual costs may vary widely. Advance provisioning and starter kits are available from Sunsail. We have estimated fuel costs for each yacht, but actual costs may vary based on wind and weather.
Full Package Price: $920/pp mono hull, $1,470/pp catamaran
Single Supplement: contact trip leader for quote
Through January 22, a $50 cancellation fee is assessed.
After January 22, $50 plus all unrecoverable expenses if a replacement is not found.
Payment Schedule (per person):
$250 deposit due w/ registration:
Full balance due by January 22, 2022
Contact trip leader David Toms for more information. Once your deposit is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email with additional information.