Date: July 8 – 16 (Biking Cruise only) ~ July 8 – 19 (Full Package) TRIP IS FILLED - WAIT LIST ONLY
Price: $2,950 (Cruise); $3,350 (Full Package)
Leader: PDF-Frank Peñaranda
• R/T Dulles to Frankfurt via Reykjavik
• 7-nights aboard the MS Patria in Upper Deck Cabins
• 3-nights at the Leifur Eriksson Hotel in Reykjavik
• Daily breakfast and dinner on the Patria; Picnic lunches for the Bike Tours
• Daily breakfast at the Leifur Eriksson Hotel
• All ground transfers between the ship’s ports, hotels and airports
• Bicycle Rentals: 70 euros for the week on 7-speed bikes; Electric bikes 165 euros
• Guided tours and Entrance fees to attractions
• Trip Insurance. Strongly suggested and we’ll provide recommended providers
Join us on this adventure-filled trip exploring the old-world wonders of Germany's well-known and historical Rhine & Neckar rivers. You'll enjoy the convenience of a floating hotel & transport, while experiencing the more personal contacts available through our bike rides. After 8-days of this total immersion in old-world culture, what would be more fitting than 3-days of relaxation on Iceland's famous thermal pools, and marveling at the phenomenon of the ever present Mid-night sun?
Cruise: This tour is without doubt a journey along two very contrasting and beautiful German rivers – the Rhine and Neckar. The romantic Upper Middle Rhine region is famous worldwide as a river valley straight out of a picture book, with towering cliffs, steep vineyards, castles perched on virtually every hilltop and pretty villages lining the river banks. By contrast the Neckar valley, unlike the Rhine, is a well-kept secret known only by a very few tourists outside of Germany. The Neckar valley boasts picture postcard medieval towns and villages, breathtaking views of castles and beautiful scenery at every turn of the river … it is simply a romantic gem waiting to be discovered by you on the best form of transport possible – a bicycle. Our Tour will take us from Koblenz to Bad Wimpfen over an 8-day/ 7-night dream adventure.
Iceland Extension: What better way to end our biking adventure than a relaxing R&R in Iceland’s many thermal pools while experiencing the season’s very long daylight? This optional 4-day/3-night extension is offered on our return trip from Germany. We’ll stay at the Leifur Eriksson Hotel in the center of Reykjavik with daily breakfast included. Participants will be free to enjoy the many attractions and relaxing pools around this popular destination.
We have room for 23 participants. Please see our Flyer and Registration Forms for deadlines, payments and other trip details.