TRIP PRICE: $1870 *new lower price
TRIP LEADER: Bill Johnston
Questions about this trip? Call Bill at 703-597-6310 or write email@example.com
Have you ever wanted to ski three top ten ski resorts in one week without packing a bag? Now is your chance as Ski Magazine's Readers' poll ranks Snowmass, Aspen and Aspen Highlands as three of the top ten ski resorts in the West!
Aspen is considered by many as having the world’s best skiing, and is ranked as the 7th top resort by the readers of Ski Magazine. It sits high on the list for terrain, challenge, service, weather, on-mountain food, dining, apres-ski, and off-mountain activities. Aspen is a unique blend of history, culture, festivals, sports, restaurants, and music which makes this famous Colorado, Rocky Mountain town a very special world-class resort. And if you also enjoy people watching, celebrities flock to Aspen. Your five-day lift also includes Snowmass, Aspen Highlands, and Buttermilk.
Snowmass has come into its own with a sixth place ranking in the Ski Magazine poll. It is not only a cruiser’s paradise, but in the Hanging Valley area where inbound back country skiing is permitted, there are enough “cornices, glades, cliffs, bumps, and jumps to make an X-Games producer swallow his cell phone.” Skiers won’t be bored with 3,010 acres and a 12,510 foot summit that offers a major vertical rise.
Aspen Highlands' major asset is the Western Slope weather that produces beautiful powder during the night and gorgeous blue-sky days to ski it. The scenery of the Elk Mountain Range makes it a Christmas-card perfect experience. The resort is noted for its "superbly efficient lift system". Yet, this top-ten-rated mountain is uncrowded with fewer skier days than nearby Buttermilk. And Buttermilk, well known for its family programs and learning center, is a haven for intermediate skiers and boarders looking for groomers!
To visit Aspen's website, click here
Number of Skiers: 36
- Round trip air on Southwest Airlines, Dulles to Denver (nonstop)
- Depart March 18, return March 25
- Seven (7) nights at The Gant: 4-star condos, easy walking distance to Town of Aspen, grocery stores & restaurants
- 2BR condo's: Master Bedroom with private bathroom: 1 king or queen; 2nd Bedroom, 2 twin beds; 2 Bathrooms in condo
- Baggage handling, daily housekeeping, and private shuttle service to anywhere in Aspen - 7 AM to 12 PM
- 5-of-6 day multi-area lift ticket - free bus service to all mountains
- Ground transportation to and from airport and accommodations
- Grocery stop on the way; Leader will buy sandwiches and water for the whole group
- Happy Hours - several evenings during the week, to meet and get to know each other
- Most Aspen Restaurants take reservations; frequent Aspen participants make reservations weeks in advance
- Leader holds pre-trip party in the Springfield area about a month before trip departure
Full Package Cost: $1,870
Through January 12, 2017, a $50 cancellation fee is assessed
After January 12, 2017, $50 plus all unrecoverable expenses if a replacement is not found.
Payment Schedule (per person):
Member: $ 250 Deposit
Guest: $ 310 Deposit with $60 guest fee
*no credit card installment payments, checks only
If sign-up is after January 12, 2017, full payment is due immediately.
Aspen Trip Flyer
ONCE YOU HAVE REGISTERED FOR THE TRIP AND SUBMITTED A DEPOSIT, PLEASE PRINT THE TRIP FLYER, THEN COMPLETE AND RETURN THE APPLICATION FORM.
(Non-members are wait listed until 65 days before trip departure. By that time, the trip may be full. You can sign up as a member online HERE.)