Trip Price: $1,885
Trip Leader: justin mccarthy
Spend a week with us at the legendary ski paradise that is Taos Ski Valley. Situated in the Sangre de Cristo mountains of New Mexico, the area is completely bounded by the pristine Carson National Forest. The European atmosphere and architecture of the resort is due to the ski area''s European pioneers, and an amalgamation of German, French, Austrian and Swiss residents and employees combined with the local Native American and Spanish cultures.
Founded by Ski School Director Ernie Blake, Taos is one of the very few family owned and operated ski areas in the U.S. It offers a rare combination of high altitude (9000'' base), high snowfall (over 300" annually, mostly dry powder), and sunshine (300+ days a year). The resort rarely has any lift lines, and boasts the top rated Ski School in North America. The mountain is cozy, with 2,600 ft vertical, 1,300 skiable acres of terrain, 110 trails, and 13 lifts. Terrain is almost evenly split between beginner/intermediate (49%) and advanced/expert (51%).
We''ll be staying at the Inn at Snakedance condos, located adjacent to the main lift in 2-bedroom units. According to Ski Magazine, "Taos remains one of the great purists'' resorts of North America, and features one of the best high-altitude free-skiing anywhere". We'll be there in time for the Ski/Board Better Week and have included a 6-day lift package with free lessons.
To visit the Taos resort website click here.
Number of Skiers: 28
- Round-trip air on United Airlines, DCA to Albuquerque, via Denver.
- Seven nights at the Inn at Snakedance, in 2-BR condos
- 6-day lift ticket with daily Ski/Ride Lessons as part of the Ski/Board Better week
- Lift discounts of $20 for seniors 65-79. 80+ ski free
- Welcome Wine & Cheese party
- Group dinner at General Manager's house on Monday or Tuesday
- Available shuttle trips to the town of Taos - 2 nights
- Complimentary fleece ski vest for each participant
- Optional day trip to Santa Fe or a second ski area at additional cost
- Ground transportation to and from the airport and lodgings, supplied by Snakedance condos for main group only
Full Package Cost:Cancellation Fees:
Through November 10, 2016, a $50 cancellation fee is assessed
After November 10, 2016, $50 plus all unrecoverable expenses if a replacement is not found.
Payment Schedule (per person):
Member: $250 Deposit
Guest: $310 Deposit ($60 guest fee)
*no credit card installment payments, check only
For trip flier/registration form, click here.
If sign-up is after November 10, 2016, full payment is due immediately.
(Non-members are wait listed until 65 days before trip departure. By that time, the trip may be full. You can sign up as a member online HERE.)