SKI VAIL RESORT, Colorado
MARCH 18 - 25, 2023
BASE PRICE: $2390 (W/O LIFT TICKETS)
TRIP LEADER: Brigid O'Brien
$30 Group Trip Insurance - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! To purchase Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) Insurance, contact Myra Altschuler, must be purchased within two weeks of deposit.
Resort: From the legendary terrain, charming old-world village, Apres-ski, nightlife, dining, and shopping, Vail has it all. There is something for everyone beginner, intermediate, expert, and the non-skier alike. A perennial favorite, this trip sells out each and every year. If you haven’t skied Vail yet, this is definitely the trip for you. A week is hardly enough to experience it all, you will definitely want to return.
The Vail Village is a charming and diverse, alpine-style pedestrian village whose twin centers are seamlessly linked with swift, free buses. Nightlife abounds with music, fun, and 110 restaurants and bars for all tastes. The village also features dozens of shops, boutiques, and galleries. Vail honors the EPIC season pass.
Mountain: Vail’s epic 5,289 skiable acres makes it one of the largest ski resorts in the world with terrain for all abilities. The Front Side has green, blue and black runs from almost every lift making the mountain accessible for novices, intermediates, and advanced skiers and boarders. The Back Bowls and Blue Sky Basin will keep advanced and expert skiers and boarders entertained for days. Impeccable grooming, almost all green and blue runs are groomed every night keeping the runs in pristine condition but leaving some bumps and gnarly conditions for those up to the challenge, skiing Vail is truly like no mountain you’ve experienced before. See more Vail mountain statistics.
Lodging: We'll be staying at the Antlers at Vail , conveniently located in Lionshead Village in Vail, Colorado, 150 yards away from the Eagle Bahn Gondola. We'll be staying in two- and three-bedroom condominiums with fully equipped kitchens, fireplaces, outdoor balconies with gas barbecues, DVD players and free WiFi. The property features a heated, year-round outdoor swimming pool and two hot tubs, a sauna, 24 hour fitness room & business center, and heated garage parking. Ski Valet is available slope side.
- On-site ski rental with complimentary ski valet
- Complimentary WiFi
- A free shuttle to the grocery store to stock your fully equipped kitchen with groceries
- Complimentary GoPro loaner cameras
- Lavazza espresso beverages in the lobby
- Complimentary newspapers
- Hundreds of complimentary movies on DVD are available
- Free snowshoe rentals in the winter
- Loaner sleds available
The group is currently scheduled to fly nonstop from Dulles on United flight 1228 at 8:15 am with a 10:10 am arrival at Denver International Airport. Our return flight is on United 461 which is scheduled to leave Denver at 2:10 pm with an expected arrival time at Dulles of 7:30 pm. The Club will explore alternative flights with Southwest as soon as their schedule becomes available.
Number of Skiers: 36
Base Price: $2390 (does not include lift tickets)
- Single Supplement: add $1634 ($4,024) - Trip Leader will advise availability
- Ground Only: deduct $585 ($1,805) - available after group air minimums are met
Lift tickets for this trip are sold separately. Vail Resort honors the Epic Pass which is available for purchase from our tour operator, Winter Ski & Sport, or Epic Pass. For your consideration:
- Epic Day Passes (1-7 days) are a great alternative if you don't want to purchase a season pass!
- Please read the terms and conditions of the pass product(s) you're considering carefully before buying. Your Epic Pass product, once purchased, is non-transferable and non-refundable. Please consider trip insurance to cover your Epic Pass cost.
- Purchase your EPIC Pass through our Tour Operator and receive a $50 rebate: Winter Ski & Sport.
- Epic Pass products are subject to future price increases until purchased. Buy early to lock in your price.
- Specialty passes, such as Military and College Passes, are only available from Epic Pass.
Cancellation Fees: A $50 cancellation applies for any cancellations prior to 11/18/22. Afterwards, the participant will also be responsible for any unrecoverable expenses, including 3% credit card transaction fees on applicable payments.
Payment Schedule (per person): $500 deposit is due w/ registration. Remaining balance is due on November 18, 2022, and may be paid by credit card or check. You may also pay in three equal monthly installments (by check only, not by credit card):
11/18/2022: One-third of the balance
12/18/2022: Second third of the balance
01/17/2023: Final third of the balance
Please mail payment checks to SCWDC, 5309 Langston Boulevard, Arlington, VA 22207. Do NOT mail payment checks to the trip leader.
Participants must be current SCWDC members, or members of a BRSC affiliated ski club. You can sign up as a member online HERE .