Our previous All Inclusive Club Med ski trips to Chamonix, Pragelato and Les Arcs Extreme all demonstrated the value and appeal of European skiing at Club Med. This year our destination will be at Val Thorens
, voted the #1 ski resort in the world 3 out the past 4 years. Val Thorens "Sensations" is Club Med's 5-star flagship ski resort, featuring unparalleled comfort, luxury, and fine food and beverages.
With its summit at 10,597' Val Thorens is the highest ski resort in Europe, and has one of the longest ski seasons. It is situated at the head of the "Trois Vallees" (3 Valleys) – the largest ski area in the world. It has 100 percent ski-in ski-out accommodations with unbeatable skiing, perfectly groomed slopes, and powdery snow guaranteed right through the season. The ski facilities are cutting-edge, with 32 high-tech ski lifts that take you right up to the highest peaks with views over more than 1,000 mountaintops. The village atmosphere is informal and friendly for après ski and it is car-free.
As always, Club Med's All Inclusive package (all meals, drinks, lifts, lessons, ski guides, entertainment & trip insurance) provides an incredible value compared to other ski trips.
- United Airlines from Dulles (IAD) to Geneva, Switzerland (1 checked bag & 1 ski bag free)
- Motor coach transport to/from the airport and the Club Med resort
- Double occupancy slopeside accommodations at the resort. Single occupancy rooms available at extra cost.
- International gourmet cuisine, including all meals, plus lunch at Club Med's restaurant on the mountain, or in the Club Med dining room
- Unlimited "open bar" drinks and refreshments, including beer, wine, spirits, soft drinks and bar snacks
- 6-day lift ticket to all ski areas
- Professional ski/snowboard lessons (full day) in English for all levels of ability, Monday thru Friday. Instructors serve as mountain guides for experienced skiers.
- Nightly entertainment
- Extended trip insurance ($20K medical)
Number of Skiers: 40
Full Package Cost: $2,980
Through November 22, 2018, a $50 cancellation fee is assessed
After November 22, 2018 $50 plus all unrecoverable expenses if a replacement is not found
Payment Schedule (per person):
Advance Deposit: $500
Full balance: of $2,480 is due on September 22, may be paid by credit card or check.
You may also pay in three monthly installments (by check only, not by credit card):
Please mail payment checks to SCWDC, 5309 Lee Highway, Arlington, VA 22207. Do NOT mail payment checks to the trip leader.
If sign-up is after 11/22/2018, full payment is due immediately.
Participants must be current SCWDC members, or members of a BRSC affiliated ski club. You can sign up as a member online HERE.