Our previous All Inclusive Club Med ski trips to Chamonix, France and Via Lattea, Italy demonstrated the value and appeal of European skiing. This year our destination will be at Club Med Arcs Extreme, a modern, newly built ski resort located in the Savoie region of France, in the Tarentaise valley. It benefits from being on the edge of the Vanoise National Park, an area of natural beauty which attracts many summer visitors as well as skiers.
Les Arcs is part of the famous Paradiski ski area which combines the ski areas of both Les Arcs & neighbouring La Plagne, joined together by the Vanoise Express cable car. Les Arcs itself is actually made up of a number of different villages, each at slightly different altitudes and each with their own character and ambience. It's renowned as a family friendly resort, with a good selection of beginner pistes and ski areas, as well as those for the more advanced skier or snowboarder. Its location on the edge of the Vanoise National Park offers amazing panoramas of the surrounding mountains and, on a clear day, you can even spot Mont Blanc.
Les Arcs & La Plagne were joined together in 2003 by the Vanoise Express cable car from Plan Peisey, a huge double decker ski lift that boasts a capacity of 200 people, making it the biggest, longest and fastest cable car in the world. With over 425 kms of piste (200km in Les Arcs alone), even an accomplished skier can be hard pushed to ski from one end of the Paradiski area to the other and back again in one day.
For the more advanced or expert skiers there are in the region of 50 red pistes, 16 black pistes and a number of snowparks both in Les Arcs and La Plagne. Getting around the resorts is easy thanks to a great network of ski lifts which are mostly open in the day time, with a few also available at night to help people get from their accommodation to different restaurants and shopping areas.
As always, Club Med's All Inclusive package (all meals, drinks, lifts, lessons, entertainment & trip insurance) provides an incredible value compared to other ski trips.
- Motor coach transport to/from the airport and the Club Med resort
- Round-trip airfare via United Airlines from Dulles International Airport to Geneva, Switzerland (2 checked bags free)
- Double occupancy slopeside accommodations at the resort. Single occupancy rooms available at extra cost.
- International gourmet cuisine, including all meals, plus lunch at Club Med's restaurant on the mountain, or in the Club Med dining room
- Unlimited "open bar" drinks and refreshments, including beer, wine, spirits, soft drinks and bar snacks
- 6-day lift ticket to all ski areas
- Professional ski/snowboard lessons (full day) in English for all levels of ability, Monday thru Friday. Instructors serve as mountain guides for experienced skiers.
- Nightly entertainment
- Basic Trip insurance included, extended coverage available at extra cost
- *Basic equipment rentals (snowboard or skis & poles), available at extra cost
Number of Skiers: 34
Full Package Cost: $2,275
Through November 22, 2017, a $50 cancellation fee is assessed
After November 22, 2017, $50 plus all unrecoverable expenses if a replacement is not found
Payment Schedule (per person):
If sign-up is after November 22, 2017 full payment is due immediately
Participants must be current SCWDC members, or members of a BRSC affiliated ski club (contact the Ski Club office to get the access code). You can sign up as a SCWDC member online HERE.