BICYCLE CLUB OF PHILADELPHIA (BCP)
ANNUAL FALL FOLIAGE BIKE WEEKEND
Friday, Oct 20 - Sunday, Oct 22, 2023
Trip is full
(please add your name to the waitlist in case of trip expansion)
Enjoy two days of cycling in scenic & historic Hanover/Gettysburg. Rides include the Gettysburg Battlefield and peaceful landscapes with lakes, orchards, state parks, and covered bridges. There will be a variety of group rides of various speeds and distances offered. When you're not riding, you'll find a vast assortment of museums & galleries, farmers’ markets, cafes, shopping, and wineries
Cost: $355 per person (double occupancy)
Single Supplement: Add $220
Registration closes on September 1, 2023
Full payment is due at time of registration
Trip Leader: Brigid O'Brien
- Friday & Saturday night accommodations at the plush Wyndham Gettysburg
- Friday & Saturday Dinners
- Saturday & Sunday Hot Breakfasts
- Group rides with leaders for various speeds and distances (15 to 85+ miles) with SAG & mechanical support
- Saturday afternoon post-ride party with "Wheely Good" smoothies made on a smoothie (blender) bike
- Tour packets with cue sheets, maps, ridewithgps.com route links, etc.
- Snacks and sandwiches to take along with you on rides
- Plenty of sightseeing and local attractions for non-cyclist companions
- Post-ride therapeutic massages on Saturday afternoon
- Sunday afternoon "Wrap-Up & Leftovers" Party
- Meeting room held for late check-out on Sunday for showers/changing
- Live music, party games, and raffle prizes!
BCP Ride Class Difficulty Rating
Class A Difficult: 45 to 100+ miles 18-20mph average on flat terrain 16-18mph average on rolling/hilly terrain 15-16mph average on very hilly terrain
Class B Advanced: 25 to 90 miles 15-18mph average on flat terrain 13-16mph average on rolling/hilly terrain 12-14mph average on very hilly terrain
Class C Moderate: 15 to 75 miles 12-15mph average on flat terrain 10-13mph average on rolling/hilly terrain 9-11mph average on very hilly terrain
Class D Easy: 10 to 25 miles 8-11mph average on flat terrain 4-7mph average on more hilly terrain
Cancellations - A $40 cancellation applies for any cancellation prior to October 5, 2023. No refunds after October 5, 2023 unless a replacement is found. All credit card registration cancellation refunds will incur a 3% credit card cancellation fee.
Not a current SCWDC member? Click HERE to join the club for $35 per year.
If paying by check, please mail payment to:
5309 Langston Blvd
Arlington, VA 22207