TRIP IS NOW FILLED - WAIT LIST ONLY
Spend a week with us at the legendary ski paradise that is Taos Ski Valley. Situated in the Sangre de Cristo mountains of New Mexico, the area is completely bounded by the pristine Carson National Forest. The European atmosphere and architecture of the resort is due to the ski area's European pioneers, and an amalgamation of German, French, Austrian and Swiss residents and employees combined with the local Native American and Spanish cultures.
Founded by Ski School Director Ernie Blake, Taos is one of the very few family-owned and operated ski areas in the U.S. It offers a rare combination of high altitude (9000' base), high snowfall (over 300" annually, mostly dry powder), and sunshine (300+ days a year). The resort rarely has any lift lines, and boasts the top rated Ski School in North America. The mountain is cozy, with 2,600 ft vertical, 1,300 skiable acres of terrain, 110 trails, and 13 lifts. Terrain is almost evenly split between beginner/intermediate (49%) and advanced/expert (51%). Taos Ski Valley honors the IKON ski pass.
We''ll be staying at the Inn at Snakedance condos, located adjacent to the main lift in 2-bedroom units. According to Ski Magazine, "Taos remains one of the great purists'' resorts of North America, and features some of the best high-altitude free-skiing anywhere". We'll be there in time for the Ski/Board Better Week and the 5-day lift package includes free lessons.
Visit the Taos resort website (http://www.skitaos.org/) for more resort information.
Number of Skiers: 46
- Southwest Airlines, Reagan National (DCA) to Albuquerque, NM via Chicago Midway
- Ground transportation to and from the airport and lodging
- Seven nights at the Inn at Snakedance in 1-BR and 2-BR condos
- Welcome Wine & Cheese party
- Group dinner at General Manager's house on Monday or Tuesday
- Available shuttle trips to the town of Taos - 2 nights
- Complimentary fleece ski vest for each participant
Base Cost: $1,340* (lift ticket or optional costs not included)
- 5-day lift ticket, 5-day Taos Ski School half-day lesson: add $399
- 6-day lift ticket, 5-day Taos Ski School half-day lesson: add $498
- Single Supplement: add $501 ($1,849) - Trip Leader will advise availability
- Ground Only: deduct $324 ($1,016) - available after group air minimums are met
Through October 29, 2019, a $50 cancellation fee is assessed
After October 29, 2019, $50 plus all unrecoverable expenses if a replacement is not found.
Payment Schedule (per person):
- Advance Deposit: $500
- Remaining balance: of $840 is due on September 29, may be paid by credit card or check.
- You may also pay in three monthly installments (by check only, mailed to the club office):
- 09/29/2019: $280 (plus extra cost items)
- 10/29/2019: $280
- 11/28/2019: $280
Please mail payment checks to SCWDC, 5309 Lee Highway, Arlington, VA 22207. Do NOT mail payment checks to the trip leader.
If sign-up is after 09/29/2018, full payment is due immediately.
Participants must be current SCWDC members, or members of a BRSC affiliated ski club. You can sign up as a member online HERE.